onsdag 21. mai 2008

Publicity brochures

Sadly, I've been unable to update this blog much lately due to a hectuc schedule but I fully intend to post a lot of stuff very soon now - just as soon as I'm done with my big exam.

Anyway, I've recently been taken by French publicity brochures for old films. I've found several of these on eBay and they really are very nifty and cool. Typically, the front page is poster artwork for the film while the inside contains lots of nice pictures and a detailed plot synopsis.

I'm going to try to get my hands on more of these. In the meantime, here's a look at the French publicity brochures of two great Carroll Baker gialli - The Sweet Body of Deborah (1967) and So Sweet... So Perverse (1969):


The front page of the Sweet Body of Deborah brochure with striking yellow colors - quite appropriate for a giallo.


The inside of the brochure: more yellow, plot synopsis and a delightful collage of images from the film. Great stuff!


The brochure for So Sweet... So Perverse. Clearly, purple is the color this time around.


Complete with detailed synopsis. Better not read the text in these things if you haven't seen the films yet...


More brochures to follow later. And more stuff in general! Stay tuned!

Ingen kommentarer: